Welcome to the beginning of beautiful permanent makeup!
There will be some minor redness, bruising, swelling and tenderness immediately post treatment.
While the area is healing there can be some mild itching, flaking and crusting.
MUST NOT DO:
- PICK, PEEL, RUB OR TOUCH the area with your fingers.
- Use facial cleansers on or around the treated area for 4 days post treatment.
- Use makeup near the treated area for 4 days unless it is Osmosis mineral makeup.
- Receive beauty treatments until skin has healed.
- Expose the skin to sunlight, tanning treatments, jacuzzi, sauna, salt water, chlorinated water or direct shower spray. For at least 1 week.
- Use AHA or Retinol products on the treated area. It WILL FADE the pigment colour.
- Use the after care cream supplied by Katrina Ellen exclusively and at the specified intervals unless advised otherwise in WRITING.
- IMMEDIATELY AFTER: Wash your brows every ½ hour with water and a fresh cotton pad. DON’T DAB the brows – you need to WIPE them to remove any plasma building up. Do this for about 4 hours.
- Wash them again before bed and apply a THIN film of cream.
- Wash the brows morning and night and apply a thin film of cream for one week.
Here is a guideline of the healing process over the next 4-6 weeks. You may experience some or all of the following.
- Day 1-2: Your eyebrows will become darker and darker as the pigment and lymph oxidises. You may even begin to think you regret having your brows done… hang in there.
- Day 7-10: The relief moment and a thought of “That’s more like it!! yay!”
- Day 14-25: “This hasn’t worked-where has all the colour gone!” This is because your healing skin cells are opaque – not see-through. With that you can’t actually see the pigment that was implanted. This is NORMAL and the colour will reappear!
- Day 21-28: “Yay! there they are!” Now you can see why you need a touch up. Having a few hair strokes missing, or parts of hair strokes missing is very normal. You can lose up to 20% of your strokes (if microblading) between the 1st and 2nd treatment.
- Day 28-42: We refresh your brows and compete the 2nd treatment, which involves the same process as the first. However, because we don’t retreat every hair, your eyebrows can appear very patchy, don’t panic it’s only a couple of weeks!!